At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Take a look at our timeline of London fashion designers for some of the city's most stylish brands
Let’s call a spade a spade, shall we? Nowhere does fashion like London. Worlds apart from the glossy scenes of Parisian haute couture, Milanese chic, and the New York avant-garde, London’s liberalist sense of style is affected by nothing and controlled by no one. In a city where queuing, politeness, and decorum are ingrained, fashion is the people’s revolution. Take a look at our timeline of London fashion designers for some of the city’s most stylish brands.
Burberry. The London-based fashion house owes much of its success to their iconic trench coat with hallmark check pattern lining, but this stalwart pattern soon saturated the market, becoming synonymous with less salubrious copycat fashion. A decade after its identity crisis, Burberry is back on top thanks to Creative Director Christopher Bailey who successfully steered the brand towards a new path by looking back to nostalgia, tradition and timeless style. Under his leadership, Burberry was the first luxury fashion brand to actively incorporate social media into its market outreach, thus leading a technology revolution in the industry. See where nostalgia, fashion and technology collide at the flagship store at 121 Regent Street.
Another pioneer to shape the revolutionary spirit of London fashion was Mary Quant, whose designs were an integral driving force behind the London-based youth fashion movements of the 1960s. Unfortunately the brand no longer exists per se, although enthusiasts still go rummaging for one-off vintage pieces at London’s high-end vintage stores like One of a Kind (253 Portobello Road, London, W11 1LR). Next came the iconic brand Biba, famous during the 1960s and 70s for its glamour and celebrity appeal. In spite of its subsequent demise, the brand has recently been resurrected within the hallowed halls of House of Fraser (318 Oxford Street, London, W1C 1HF).
Credited with bringing modern punk and new wave designs into the mainstream, Vivienne Westwood is a force to be reckoned with in the British fashion industry. From SEX to the Sex Pistols, behind every avant garde expression of fashion in the UK their undoubtedly was, and still is, this flame-haired vixen of suggestion. Visit her boutique at 44 Conduit Street, where an eccentric selection of clothes, accessories, and beauty items does justice to the sartorial queen.
Westwood’s success paved the way for a new brand of British designer and allowed for talents such as Alexander McQueen to leave their mark. The shy, Central Saint Martins graduate took the fashion world by storm with his stunning, shocking and ethereal collections but his premature death in 2010 cut his dazzling career tragically short. Pay your respects at his temple flagship store on London’s Old Bond Street (4-5 Old Bond Street, London, W1S 4PD), where one of fashion’s most influential designers is honoured in suitable style.
Such a list of London fashion designers would be woefully incomplete without the inclusion of British fashion royalty Stella McCartney, whose signature sharp tailoring and feminine designs have secured her place in the style elite. Follow in the footsteps of her famous fashion fans Kate Moss, Kate Winslet and Gwyneth Paltrow and visit her at Harrods (87-135 Brompton Rd, London, SW1X 7XL). Or why not kill two birds with one stone at Liberty (Regent Street, London, W1B 5AH): the historic British department store famous for its avant-garde approach to fashion and its iconic prints.
Another Central Saint Matins alumni and one of London’s sweetheart designers is Alice Temperley, whose elegant label Temperley London occupies a beautiful flagship store in Mayfair (27 Bruton Street, London, W1J 6QN) across two decadent floors.
More contemporary offerings come by way of Giles Deacon, Christopher Kane, and Richard Nicoll. These and many more can be found at Selfridges (400 Oxford Street, London, W1A 1AB), which offers an excellent and up-to-date selection of London’s best designers.
Whether you’re in the market for a classic trench coat or an investment piece from Alexander McQueen, London has its own unique sense of style to explore.