At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
In the Czech Republic, dessert is almost more important than the main course. A trip to Prague isn’t complete without sampling some of these traditional Czech sweets
In the Czech Republic, dessert is a big deal. The whole country has a major sweet tooth and pudding is a fundamental part of a meal, rather than an after-thought. A trip to Prague offers the ideal excuse to indulge your dessert fantasies and sample the city’s best traditional Czech sweets and pastries. Leave your diet home and worry about your waistline later because there’s plenty of tempting treats to sink your teeth into. From Czech-style gingerbread and Medovnik cake to fruit-filled Palačinky and sweet dumplings, here are some of the best desserts to try in Prague.
Dumplings are a staple part of the Czech diet; whether made from wheat or potato and served as a side for a main course or dressed up as a dessert, there’s no getting away from the steamed balls of goodness. Sweet fruit dumplings (ovocné knedlíky in Czech) are particularly popular, filled with jam or fruits such as strawberries, apricots or blueberries, and served warm with chocolate or sweet cottage cheese – or both.
The origin of Trdelník pastries is debated, with many claiming they derive from Slovakia, but one thing’s for sure – they remain one of Prague’s most popular Czech sweets to this day. Trdelníks are made from pastry, which is sliced into strips, rolled around a stick and covered in sugar and spices such as cinnamon, before being cooked over flames. The result? A sweet bangle-esque snack with an enticing caramelised exterior and soft warm interior. Pick one up from the many vans based around the city.
Medovnik, also known as honey cake, is arguably the most popular cake in Prague. Distinctly different from other cakes of its kind around the world, the dessert oozes with 10 layers of sweet crumbly cake and cream filling. But while you’d assume it to be a sugar overload on account of all the honey inside it, the cake is actually fairly savoury and far from sickly, meaning one slice just isn’t enough…
Originally developed as a wedding present, kolaches are time-honoured pastries that have been prepared in the Czech Republic for decades. The palm-sized pastries are traditionally made from sweet yeast and topped with a special poppy seed filling – a must-try when visiting Prague. If poppy seeds don’t tickle your fancy, kolaches can also be found packed with cheese, plums, blueberries and apricots, among other fruits.
While pancakes are prevalent across Europe, Czech-style Palačinky pancakes are definitely worth a try. The pancake itself is made in a similar way to crêpes, while the fillings traditionally include sweet cheese covered in vanilla sauce, or apricot jam with sugar (and maybe even, depending how adventurous you’re feeling, a dash of fruity liquor).
Strudel may be synonymous with Austria, but it’s also a Czech favourite. Apple is the most common flavour in Prague, while for a savoury take on the dessert, strudels can also be filled with poppy seeds or cottage cheese.
While Czech-style gingerbread (pernik) is seasonal, it’s worth a mention for its popularity and distinctive flavour, which comes from a large variety of spices. Once shaped and baked, the gingerbread cookies are decorated with intricate icing patterns to celebrate special occasions such as Christmas.