At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From pancakes and dumplings to soups and stews, traditional Russian dishes are wholesome and warming all year round
Many of the simplest recipes in Russian cuisine are also the most satisfying. While many traditional Russian dishes aren’t particularly complex, they are hearty, wholesome and guaranteed to keep hunger at bay while you explore St Petersburg’s many attractions. The city is a haven for food-minded travellers, with everything from borscht and blini to pelmeni and piroshki served up at restaurants and street stalls across St Petersburg. If you’re planning a trip, follow this guide to the best Russian foods to sample while you’re there, and where to find them.
A staple Russian dish loved by families across the country is borscht, a beetroot-based soup that’s bold in colour and flavour. It has a distinctive red colour and is an excellent winter warmer for when temperatures drop. As well as beetroot, the soup often contains ingredients such as meat, herbs, potatoes and other vegetables, and is usually served as a starter with a dollop of sour cream (a Russian favourite) and some bread.
Dumplings are popular across the globe, from China to Italy. But Russian dumplings, known as pelmeni, are made from paper-thin pastry, shaped into parcels and packed full of meat and herbs before being boiled and served fresh from the pan, garnished with dill and a spoonful of sour cream, or in a warm broth.
Another Russian version of an international dish, blini are best described as Russian pancakes. While the base is similar to the French crêpe, the fillings are anything but. A traditional savoury blini is made from buckwheat flour and topped with sour cream and red or black caviar. Other popular varieties include sour cream and smoked salmon, cottage cheese and, for those with a sweet tooth, jam.
Another home-turned-museum, Nabokov House Museum on 47 Bolshaya Morskaya Street was the birthplace of esteemed Russian-American novelist Vladimir Nabokov. Author of the famously controversial novel, Lolita, this house has appeared in many of Nabokov’s works, its most detailed account appearing in his autobiography, Speak, Memory. Visitors to the museum can explore a recreation of Nabokov’s childhood dining room and library, where they’ll discover a wealth of personal memorabilia such as historic manuscripts, early print editions and part of the writer’s prized butterfly collection.
Piroshki are thick bread-like pastry buns packed with fillings and baked or fried. A popular street food snack, visitors can pick up the mini pies from roadside stands across the city. While piroshkis are traditionally savoury and filled with meat, fish, cheese or vegetables, sweet varieties including jam and fruit are also available.
Arguably the most famous of traditional Russian dishes, beef stroganoff is a wholesome meal named after the noble Stroganoff family. Rich and creamy, stroganoff is made with thinly-sliced beef cooked on a bed of mushrooms and onions and mixed into a sour cream-based sauce, and often served with pasta or potato (unlike the Western rice alternative).
To sample traditional Russian dishes in St Petersburg, visit the city’s leading Russian restaurants. Imperial Restaurant at Corinthia Hotel St Petersburg serves excellent Russian fare, including one of the best beef stroganoffs you’re likely to find. Elsewhere, Tsar Restaurant offers Russian fine dining in even finer settings; Shalyapin is the place to go for caviar-topped blinis; and the historical Palkin restaurant offers gastronomic opulence at its best. It’s also possible to pick up bite-sized Russian snacks such as piroshkis at street vendors, bakeries and food markets throughout the city.