At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Bank these handy tips before jetting off on your next business trip
If your job requires you to travel around the world or jet off at the drop of a hat, you are going to need to perfect the process. Follow our nifty travel tips to be able to get from A to B without a hitch – and without jet-lag either…
Purchase a longer charging cable. Whether you’re desperately trying to power up at an airport with awkwardly placed plugs or the hotel room your staying in hasn’t got a socket next to the bed, you will be oh-so grateful of a longer charging cable when you are away on business.
On the topic of charging, don’t just rely on the traditional power outlets to ensure you have enough juice to get you through your meetings. Pack an external battery charger or better yet, invest in a charging phone case so you’ll never have the 1% battery dread.
When you pack, pack for the unexpected. Your itinerary may be set as back-to-back meetings all day and free time in the evenings, but don’t bank on that actually going to plan when you get there. If your client decides that post-meeting drinks are on the agenda, you’ll be thankful to have evening attire to hand. Equally, if you end up getting an unexpected day off, you may require a casual outfit for exploring your hotel’s surroundings.
To minimise the need for pressing when you arrive at your destination, it’s best that you roll your clothes neatly instead of folding them. As well as preventing major creases, this savvy technique will also save you space, too. Win, win.
Make sure you do a mass download of any films, shows, books and podcasts you might want on your devices before you actually set off on your travels. You never know when you are going to be stuck somewhere without Wi-Fi with lots of time to kill.
Think about which apps could help assist you in your travels. Uber, for example operates in over 80 countries. The Trip Advisor app is another good one to download, so you can easily look up local restaurant recommendations. Of course, messaging apps like What’s App and Skype are essential for keeping in touch while travelling around.
Although we’ve said it’s important to pack for every eventuality, equally it’s important not to over pack. Try and keep your luggage to a minimum, only taking a carry on, because that means a swifter exit from the airport once you’ve touched down.
If you are on a long-haul flight, eat according to the time zone you are travelling to. For example, if you are travelling somewhere and you are due to arrive at 10am their time, ensure you have a light breakfast on the plane or in the airport, to set your body clock up right for the rest of the day. Jet-lag? What jet-lag?
Travelling from one country to another will often mean a change in climate, which means having to cleverly dress for both places. Wearing multiple layers is key – you are able to shed them when needed and pile them back on again when necessary, so you’ll never arrive at that all-important meeting sweating or shivering.
It’s not very often you get a set number of hours to yourself with no distractions, so utilise this time wisely. Whether it’s preparing your presentation, clearing your inbox, memorising your elevator pitch or simply having a snooze to ensure you are bright-eyed on arrival. Just be sure to make the most of your travel time.
Instead of joining the mammoth queues, along with your fellow travellers, outside of the arrivals entrance, whip around to the departures gate where taxis will be dropping people off and you’ll have more chance of tracking one down swiftly.