At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Discover the story behind much-loved beauty brand Omorovicza, which is directly inspired by the thermal spas of Budapest
Budapest is a city famous for healing waters and decadent spas, and cult beauty brand Omorovicza is responsible for bringing Hungarian spa culture to an international audience. Comprised of an Omorovicza spa in Budapest and an award-winning line of skincare products that harnesses the power of Hungary’s healing waters, the brand was set up by former American diplomat Margaret de Heinrich de Omorovicza and her half Hungarian husband, Stephen. Here, Margaret talks about her first impressions of Budapest, launching a beauty brand and what Hungarian souvenirs she always brings home.
You worked as a US diplomat in Budapest before launching Omorovicza, what were your first impressions of the city?
I remember coming in from the airport for the first time and driving along the Danube. The view of the buildings along the water took my breath away. I really felt as though I had crossed the moon, having woken up in Manhattan with its skyscrapers and modern skyline, in contrast to the old-world charm and glamour of Budapest.
What were the origins of Omorovicza and how did you make the leap from diplomacy to beauty?
Stephen and I met in Budapest and both fell in love with the amazing healing waters. Once we knew we could bottle their effects with the help of a patented process, we began to plot how we would build our lives around beauty. The leap from diplomacy to starting our own company was not as difficult as it might seem, as both are very much about connecting with people.
How do you incorporate Hungary’s historic spa culture into Omorovicza products?
We are very proud of our spa heritage and the fact that Stephen’s family built the most beautiful spa in Budapest and donated it to the country for their health and wellbeing. The word ‘spa’ is derived from the Latin phrase, Sanitas Per Aqua, or health through water. As our principle ingredient in all products is our Healing Concentrate™—the mineral rich waters transformed into their most potent form—it is the embodiment of ‘health through water.’
What sets Omorovicza apart from other beauty brands?
Omorovicza is a modern luxury brand which combines phenomenal natural resources with patented science, while excluding harmful synthetic ingredients.
What three Omorovicza products do you never travel without?
The Cleansing Foam, Rejuvenating Night Cream and Miracle Facial Oil.
You split your time between London and Budapest—what are the first things you do when you arrive back in Budapest?
I head to our office and meet with our team, then check in at our Spa and go to the thermal waters, before more meetings or training with local partners and dinner at Café Kor with friends.
Describe your perfect day in Budapest?
An ideal summer’s day in Budapest would be to wake up in our lovely flat overlooking the Danube. I’d go for a run around Margit Island before heading to the local museums or galleries to see what’s new. I’d enjoy lunch at Café Kor with my family, then an afternoon at the thermal waters followed by a facial at the Omorovicza Spa. I’d finish the day with an evening walk with Stephen up in the Var (Fisherman’s Bastian) and then dinner outside somewhere like Café Pierrot.
What, to your mind, are Budapest’s hidden secrets?
There are so many! My top tip for Budapest is having a few hours with the amazing guide, Kati Czellar. There are so many hidden gems in this stunning city, and she is the best way to discover them.
What items do you always stock up on when visiting Budapest?
I always bring back Budapest’s famous local spirits, such as Unicom and Palinka, as well as Turo Rudi, which is my children’s favourite chocolate. I also like to pick up plenty of paprika, Tokaj wine, Herend porcelain and a pair of Tisza sneakers.