At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From the weird and wonderful to the downright obscure, add some of these curious things to see in Budapest to your itinerary
For all its famous castles and historic sites, Budapest has an equal number of lesser-known, alternative attractions. From the Hospital in the Rock, hidden under Buda Castle, to the infamous Gellert Hill Cave Church and the world’s largest Timewheel, these fascinating locations add to the rich cultural landscape of the Hungarian capital. Take a look at our guide to the most unusual things to see in Budapest next time you travel to Hungary.
One of the largest hourglasses in the world, the Budapest Timewheel is at once a timekeeping device and a bewitching art installation. Built in 2004 to commemorate Hungary’s inclusion into the European Union, the giant wheel in City Park takes an entire to year to drain of glass particles. To make sure people don’t tamper with the granite contraption, the wheel is incredibly difficult to turn. In fact, it takes four people and several thick steel cables around 45 minutes to rotate it 180° every New Year’s Eve.
Of all the things to see in Budapest, The Holy Right is one of the most unusual. At nearly 1,000 years old, it is also incredibly historic and has strong religious significance. The Holy Right is the mummified fist of Saint Stephen. It was exhumed from the Saint’s corpse and preserved after he was canonised in 1038, and now sits in a gold reliquary in St Stephen’s Basilica. The holy hand is also integrated into the church’s St Stephen’s Day celebrations, held on 20th August every year.
One of the most haunting memorials in Europe, the Shoes on the Danube Promenade is dedicated to the thousands of people executed along the riverbank during WWII. The monument is a place for quiet reflection. It features 60 pairs of life-size iron shoes in various 1940s styles, designed to resemble those worn by victims of the war.
The Széchenyi Baths is not exactly a hidden attraction, but not many people know that the bathhouse is home to a number of chess sets. Play against your fellow travellers while submerged in the thermal waters, or test your skills against the bath’s regular players with a game against the locals.
Gellert Hill is known for its panoramic views and historic monuments, but underground you’ll find one of the most unusual things to see in Budapest. Under the hill is a series of caves, one of which serves as an intimate church. Accessible from the side of the hill, the Cave Church belongs to the Pauline Monks, and continues to be used for religious services and sightseeing visits to this day.
Deep beneath the magnificent Buda Castle lies a secret military hospital. Enclosed in a fortified cave, the hospital was used during WWII to treat victims of the war. In 2008, the medical unit was transformed into a museum, which invites visitors to venture underground and embark on an enlightening exploration of historic operating theatres and nuclear bunkers.
To round off a day of unusual sightseeing in Budapest, spend time in some of the city’s ruin bars. By reimagining abandoned spaces such as warehouses and car parks, these bars have transformed the capital’s nightlife scene. An excellent place to go to mingle with the city’s creative and artistic residents, there are many ruin bars to choose from across the city, such as favourites Szimpla Kert, Kuplung, Instant and Mazel Tov.