At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From Easter celebrations to outdoor pursuits and a classical music festival, there’s plenty of fun to be had in Gozo in the spring
With idyllic coastal pathways lined with wild flowers, joyful Easter processions, an esteemed classical music festival, and near-deserted beaches; there are plenty of reasons to visit Gozo in spring. Out of the peak summer months, visitors can truly make the most of all that this island has to offer, whether you fancy honing your climbing skills scaling one of the many cliffs, leisurely exploring an abundance of local culture or enjoying the island’s perfect stretches of sand. Should you need further persuading, here are our top reasons to visit Gozo in the spring.
A combination of mild weather and fewer visitors make spring the ideal time to explore Gozo on foot. The island offers plenty of rambler-friendly routes, where you can meander along a stunning coastal path or work off those local pastizzi with a hilltop climb. Spring is also the season when Gozo’s beautiful wild flowers are at their best, so expect whatever path you choose to be dotted with aromatic herbs and flora. The route along the Ta’ Ċenċ Cliffs, which can be found between Sannat and Mgarr IX-Xini, is particularly spectacular, or head to the north coast to Wied Il-Ghasri to enjoy the peace and tranquility of this unspoiled spot.
Gozo’s landscape of cliffs and crags makes it ideal for both amateur and experienced climbers. The tiny island is home to a whopping 350 climbing routes, with new ones being added regularly. Enjoy the variety provided by coastal and inland cliffs; beginners should head for Wied il-Mielah first, where they can scale the rocky arch and even pause for a refreshing dip in the water whilst doing so. Additional information about suggested routes can be obtained from the Malta Rock Climbing Club.
Easter is an important festival in Gozo, and the island stages traditional events in the lead up to this religious holiday. Those who plan to visit Gozo on Easter weekend will be able to witness one of several historic processions that take place on Easter Sunday, typically accompanied by a lively local band. It’s a jubilant occasion that has been taking place here for centuries, with locals lining the streets to witness the parade.
Gaulitana Music Festival is an annual classical festival that’s loved by both Gozo locals and visitors to the Maltese archipelago. Taking place throughout April, the festival showcases a range of classical music styles in some impressive venues. This year’s highlight is set to be Bellini’s Norma opera, which will be performed on the final weekend of the festival in the Teatru tal-Opra Aurora, and is a collaboration between the Malta Philharmonic Orchestra and Gaulitanus Choir.
Salt production is a centuries-old industry in Gozo, and is still practiced on the north coast. The fascinating landscape of saltpans cut into the coastal rock is hard to miss; the salt is harvested here during the summer but spring visitors will be able to get a good look at the production process. After it’s collected, the salt is then stored in the nearby caves hewn out of the rocky cliffs. If you’re lucky, you may witness one of the locals scraping the saltpans in order to collect the crystals, and you can even ask to buy some Gozo salt to take home.
Gozo is famous for its near perfect beaches, and if you’re visiting in the spring months, chances are you’ll be able to appreciate them without the crowds that descend over the summer. Make the most of celebrated Ramla Bay, known for its wonderfully clear waters and great snorkelling opportunities. Take the path on the eastern cliffs to get to Calypso Cave, said to be the one inhabited by Calypso in Homer’s Odyssey. For even more peace and quiet, head to the pretty and serene surroundings of San Blas Bay.