At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
A celebration of both global design talent and London as a hub of creativity, the London Design Biennale is a highly anticipated event in the city’s cultural calendar
Celebrating London as an internationally revered centre of the design, the London Design Biennale showcases creativity and innovation from countries across the globe. The event, which runs for three weeks in September and is held at Somerset House, follows a single theme each year and presents a series of thought provoking, design-led installations. Here, Dr Christopher Turner, the curator of the London Design Biennale and Keeper of Design, Architecture and Digital at the Victoria & Albert Museum, provides an introduction to the showcase and this year’s intriguing theme.
Why did you decide to launch London Design Biennale in 2016?
Sir John Sorrell and Ben Evans – founders of London Design Festival – launched London Design Biennale in 2016 in line with their vision to celebrate and promote London as the design capital of the world.
Great design is part of everyday life in London. Yet in a quickly changing world, design is also a powerful way to imagine an alternative. London Design Biennale is a vital international forum for this important conversation towards our collective future.
How has the event developed since its inception two years ago?
The nations of the world created an outstanding exhibition of ideas and ingenuity for the inaugural London Design Biennale, and following the enormous success of 2016, the Biennale is firmly established as a new highlight on the cultural calendar. The 2018 edition will bring the best international design thinking back to London’s world stage – illustrating how design can challenge, engage, educate and surprise audiences.
What makes Somerset House such a great venue for London Design Biennale?
The Biennale will return to the grand network of historic galleries at Somerset House with up to 40 participants invited to exhibit exceptional and original design installations in response to the theme, Emotional States. The historic and listed former Royal palace is a centre of contemporary culture in one of London’s finest and largest 18th century buildings.
Why is London such an important centre for design?
London is the gateway to the international design community and the world’s leading stage for design innovation and thinking. London Design Biennale is now a key calendar moment of London’s autumn creative season, alongside London Design Festival, London Fashion Week, Frieze Art Fair and the London Film Festival, attracting the greatest thinkers, practitioners, retailers and educators to the capital, in a citywide celebration.
What led you to decide on this year’s theme of Emotional States?
Emotional States has been chosen to provoke a broad interpretation across design disciplines, with immersive and engaging installations that interrogate how design affects every aspect of people’s lives – the way we live and how we live – but also influences our very being, emotions and experiences.
Emotions are universal, with shared meanings that transcend borders. Thoughtful design and technology can create positive emotional experiences, facilitating new social possibilities by enabling connectivity and contact, and the forging of meaningful connections between people.
The discipline is at the forefront of change-making, with architects and designers working imaginatively to try and create positive conditions for human flourishing, and we hope countries and cities will explore such socially responsive designs for 2018. The theme offers numerous possibilities to explore the sensorial qualities of design, with visceral exhibits and experiences that evoke moods and explore a particular country’s design story. Together they will present an exciting laboratory of ideas that will investigate the important relationship between design, strong emotional responses and real social needs.
What can visitors to London Design Biennale look forward to in 2018?
London Design Biennale 2018 is devoted to the theme, Emotional States. Taking over the entirety of Somerset House, including The Edmond J. Safra Fountain Court and River Terrace, it will explore big questions and ideas about sustainability, migration, pollution, energy, cities, and social equality. Visitors will enjoy engaging and interactive installations, innovations, artworks and proposed design solutions – all in an immersive, inspiring and entertaining tour of the world. The Biennale will see some of the world’s most exciting and ambitious designers, innovators and cultural bodies gather in the capital to celebrate the universal power of design and explore the role of design in our collective futures.
Limited See It First Tickets for the London Design Biennale are available until the end of April. Book now and save 20%.