At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Fado, jazz, rock, pop and house – live music in Lisbon is as eclectic as the city itself
Music is in Lisbon’s blood. At nightfall, as family and friends come together for dinner, the haunting, beautiful sound of Fado music sweeps through the cobbled streets. With so much on offer, follow this guide to discover traditional Fado bands at Clube de Fado, jazz ensembles at Hot Club Portugal, superstar DJs at Lux Fragil, and much more.
Hot Club Portugal is the oldest jazz bar in the country. Since 1950, this pioneering music venue has hosted musicians and ensembles from around the world, as well as local Lisbon talent. The bar is one of the best places to see live music in Lisbon and presents a busy calendar of concerts throughout the year. Hot Club also plans festivals and events that have, in the past, welcomed world-leading jazz stars such as Sidney Bechet and Count Basie.
When in Lisbon, make sure to experience the sounds of traditional Fado music. Soulful, mournful and melodic, Fado is one of the oldest styles of urban folk music in the world. Those interested in seeing some Fado should visit Clube de Fado, an atmospheric restaurant and bar that’s celebrated for its live music. Fado singers and musicians, usually armed with guitars or mandolins, entertain customers every evening from around 9.30pm.
If DJ sets, stylish surroundings and dancing till the early hours is more your scene, then Lux Fragil is the place to go. One of the largest and most popular clubs in Lisbon, the trendy venue has plenty of space to accommodate partygoers, including two dance floors and a terrace overlooking the river. Every week, Lux Fragil fills its roster with international acts, predominantly from the house and techno scenes, supported by talented resident DJs.
Widely considered one of the best underground music venues in the city, MusicBox is popular with Lisbon locals. This unusual venue is accessed via a nondescript wooden door under a bridge in Cais do Sodré; step inside, and you’ll find a bar, lounge, club and concert space rolled into one, where stone archways form the backdrop for high-tech sound and lighting systems. With a rich programme of DJs, live bands and dedicated club nights, MusicBox offers great entertainment in quirky, cave-like surrounds.
MEO is a giant arena that has hosted many of Lisbon’s biggest international concerts. The venue has organised a wide variety of concerts for a range of international stars, from rock bands like The Cure and Muse to pop artists like Justin Bieber and Elton John, as well as classical stars like Andrea Bocelli. It also puts on large-scale music festivals and cultural events that appeal to locals and visitors alike.